Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Oh Hai there!



Nice to meet you.  I'd like to take a minute to introduce myself.  I'm Nurse Grumpy Pants.  I've been an RN for nearly a quarter of a century.  I came in to nursing during the start of the D.R.G. era and I've stuck with it through it's ups and downs.  Most of my experience has been in Pediatrics and NICU, though I did take a brief detour to work with adults briefly. As you can tell from the blog title, most of my time has been been spent working the ungodly shift we call Nocs.

This blog will be mostly my ideas and opinions on things.  The kind of thoughts that I believe most of us nurses think, but would never, ever say out loud...just in case some one was listening.  As the blog goes on, I hope that you will start to share your stories with me and with the rest of the bloggy world.  I would be honored if you would like to write a post here.  Just drop me an email at: notesfromthenightnurse@gmail.com

With a little luck, you will find this blog a place to let go of some of the stress that comes with the nursing profession.  What doesn't kill us makes us stronger...right?  Well, with everything we have been through, we must be darn near invincible by now.

So sit back, have a cup of tea (or something stronger if it's been one of THOSE shifts) and for a little while, know that you are not alone when that little devil on your shoulder starts whispering those inappropriate thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment